And good news for the lawn and garden industry, according to Pantone, greens will be a hot color for spring 2013. Greens will act as a neutral color in everything from fashion to home decor.
The three shades in particular that Pantone predicts will be hot this spring are:
- Tender Shoots, a vibrant, invigorating, active and cheerful yellow-green
- Grayed Jade, a subtle, hushed green with a gray undertone
- Sophisticated Emerald, a lively, radiant green
- Exotic African Violet, a statement purple color that brings a touch of intrigue to the palette
- Poppy Red, a seductive, sensual and celebratory shade of true red
- Nectarine, a bright, effervescent citrus orange with coral undertones, provides a tangy burst of flavor
- Lemon Zest, with a refreshing, spritely greenish cast
- Dusk Blue offers a calming sense of serenity akin to its green counterpart, Grayed Jade. Both of these colors act as the season's newest neutrals.
- A warm neutral, Linen is light and airy, providing a nude-like basic that is a must have for spring.
- Anchoring Monaco Blue is a classic shade that offers both stability and depth to the entire palette.