We know the concept of Pay it Forward from movies, commercials and companies, but did you know today is Pay it Forward Day?
“Helping contributes to the maintenance of good health, and it can diminish the effect of diseases and disorders both serious and minor, psychological and physical.” Allan Luks, Pay it Forward volunteer
Why Pay it Forward?
- To encourage all of us to embrace the incredible power of giving.
- To show each other that we care and that there is love, hope and magic all around us.
- To know that we may be only one person in this world, but to one person, at one time, we are the world.
- Here’s great article from Psychology today about the benefits of Paying it Forward.
Why would a company pay it forward?
- According to TrendCentral, "along with transparency, social responsibility is one of the most important factors in shaping young consumers’ opinions of corporations and brands."
- Given the state of the economy, Gen Ys are seeking to leverage their consumerism in more benevolent ways.
- Trend Central found new companies that have taken note, creating new business models that are as focused on giving back as they are on turning a profit.
Together we can change the world – one good deed at a time!