* If the weather outside is frightful, do something fun and vigorous inside. Have a dance party, a hula hoop contest, or watch an upbeat exercise video (don't foget to follow along)
* Listen to classical music. Studies have shown that classical music paired with exercise helps to reduce depression. So Pandora some Beethoven and smile!
* Play games. From board games to card games to charades, there's certainly a game for everyone. To make it more interesting, make up your own rules to keep everyone on their toes.
* Turn out the lights and bring out the flashlights for an in-home camping trip. Gather everyone under a huge blanket and read or tell scary stories.
* Without regular sun exposure, a Vitamin D supplement is highly recommended, as well as Vitamin B-12. Try the B-12 dots that you place on your tongue for a natural energy aid. Drink plenty of water, and try to eat seasonally with brightly colored veggies and fruits.
Shy of taking a fantastic winter vacation, there are lots of ways to shake the winter blues away. Be creative, have fun, and maybe start planning that spring into summer garden. We'd love to hear your ideas on more ways to beat cabin fever and turn winter blues into happy hues!