Friday, August 16, 2013
The Green Cycler, invented by Gail Loos, a single mom frustrated with efforts to find a product to grind kitchen scraps, has won the Pinnacle Award at the 2013 National Hardware Show. Designed as a new class of appliance, the Green Cycler is a food scrap shredder and recycling system that vastly improves organic waste recycling. By shredding organic material to the ideal size for composting, the Green Cycler speeds up the composting recovery cycle by 10 times or more. Plus, it's super sleek and pretty, kid-friendly, dishwasher safe and totally recyclable itself.
* A self-contained, stainless-steel blade cartridge system that snaps in and out for a quick clean-up
* Hand-operated, dual-direction grinding handles tough enough to chop all scraps, even avocado pits
* Fully removable lid with clear viewing window for a birds-eye view of the shredding action
* Lever-activated, industrial-strength suction cups keep it anchored while shredding
* Micro-vented to reduce odor causing bacteria and promotes quick decomposition
* Inner compartment holds odor and pest repellent filter (included)
* Designed to fit neatly against a backsplash or under kitchen cabinets
* Easy cleanup with all components dishwasher safe
Plus, composting is on the rise, and mandatory city food scrap waste management is in the wings of many municipalities. Understandably, as we generate 35 million tons of food waste, 97% of which ends up in landfills. This decomposing organic matter generates 16.2% of the nation's emissions of methane greenhouse gas.
Thanks to the efforts of one inventive mom, a product is finally available to help every household put the "cycle" in recycle without the mess, stink or yuck of other indoor compost bins. Shred your scraps, spread your scraps, and enjoy the benefits of composting. Happy shredding!
Garden Media Group